WHAT IS A NEW ZEALAND TOURIST VISA?
The people who are willing to travel to New Zealand for tourism, a tourist visa is issued for those individuals. This permit allows you to travel to the country for sightseeing, visiting, attending concerts and other leisure activities. This visa is generally provided for a stay of 3 months and can be single-entry or multiple-entry. The validity is generally for 12 months but it may vary as per the type of your visa as well. Although, it must be noted that the visa doesn’t guarantee you an entry in the country. If the border control finds an issue with your permit or yourself, they can keep you from entering.
HOW TO APPLY NEW ZEALAND TOURIST VISA?
- Visit gandhisir.com office.
- Fill out the application form.
- Consult and choose the visa type that you require.
- Our team will help you filling the visa application form and other documents.
- You can then collect the required documents.
- Then, your documents will be submitted to the New Zealand Immigration
- You can then pay the required fee.
- Wait until you get your documents approved.
The eligibility criteria for the permit must be met before applying for the visa. If not, you may get the application may get rejected. Some of the important parameters are listed as follows:
- You must have proof of confirmed visit
Pre-bookings of the round trip must be done.
You must visit for tourism only and not searching for or taking up any kind of employment.
- You must meet the health requirements
You must be healthy enough to travel to New Zealand.
You must perform a medical test before travelling to the country and provide relevant documentary proof.
You must be within the age limit to be able to apply for a work permit.
- You must be of good character; you may not be granted the visa if –
You have a history of a criminal conviction.
You have been deported or banned from another country.
You are found to be a threat or risk to the country.
- You must have sufficient funds
You must possess or have access to sufficient funds to be able to cover your stay and other expenses in New Zealand.
Bank statement or any equivalent document is to be submitted as well as proof of the same.
New Zealand Tourist Visa Requirements from India
There are different kinds of documents that are required for the issuance of this permit. They may vary based on the type of visa. The common New Zealand tourist visa requirements for Indians are listed as follows:
- An original passport valid for at least 6 months ahead of the date of travel.
- Coloured photographs as per the photo specifications
- A cover letter with all the required details
- Confirmed flight tickets
- Income Tax Returns proof
- Medical Certificate
- Proof of accommodation – hotel reservation, etc.
- Proof of purpose of visit – invitation letter, exhibition or conference pass, etc.
- Proof of sufficient funds – bank statement or any other equivalent document.
- Two copies must be provided
- Photo size: 35mm x 45 mm.
- Coloured copy must be provided.
- The face must cover about 70-80% of the frame.
- Head should well-centred.
- The picture must not be older than 6 months.
- The background must be white or any other light colour.
- Neutral expressions
- Glasses are not permitted.
- Headgears are not allowed except for religious reasons.
- Clothing shouldn’t match the background.
VISA FEES AND PROCESSING TIME
The fees for multiple entry of 6 months duration and a validity of 6 months is INR 12,687/-. The processing time required for the issuance of a tourist visa to New Zealand is about 20 days for the offline and about 72 hours for the online visa. The time will still vary depending on certain factors like the workload at the embassy office, the staff availability, whether the documents are complete or the rest of the documents are yet to be submitted and others. The time increases and decreases affected by these parameters.
WHEN YOU HAVE THE VISA
When you finally get the visa, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind. Some of the most important ones are listed as follows:
- Before you travel
Make a note of the visa expiry date, as well as the number of entries permitted. You must not stay in the country beyond this period.
You should travel to New Zealand within the validity of your visa.
Make sure to carry a copy of your passport and other travel documents while you are in the country.
Issue health insurance and travel Insurance from a certified company for safety.
- At the Border
Get your documents checked and your passport verified by the Border Control.
Consult the airport authorities for any kind of assistance required.
Check your visa copy for other guidelines and rules to be followed.
- When you enter New Zealand
Ensure not to get involved in any kind of employment. You can, however, do volunteer work.
The tourist prohibited areas must be stayed out of.
Make sure you don’t overstay and apply for visa extension in time.
If you have a change of plans and you need to stay longer, you can apply for an extension or a different kind of visa at least one month prior to the expiry.