The Japanese Student Visa is one of the long-term visa types that colleges, schools, and vocational institutes in Japan would accept.
JAPAN STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS
To support your application for a Japanese student visa, Gandhsir.com is always ready. You require the following paperwork to apply for a student visa for Japan:
- Student Visa Application Form, which you can download from
- Your valid passport along with photocopies of it
- Passport-size pictures with the following specifications:
- Dimensions: 4cm x 3cm
- Taken within the last three months
- Plain white background, without any patterns and shadows
- You must be starting straight ahead, with a neutral facial expression
- Your face has to be fully visible
- The picture must be good quality (focused, clear, and sharp)
- The Certificate of Eligibility
- Letter of Admission into the Japanese educational institution, indicating the duration and details of the course
- Previous academic and/or professional qualifications, as applicable (diploma, transcripts, etc.)
- Proof you can meet the financial requirements for the duration of your stay in Japan. About 2 million Yen is needed for a Japanese student visa to be valid for a year. You can demonstrate that you have the required finances by:
- Bank or income statements
- Proof of a Scholarship
- Proof you receive Financial Aid
- Letter of Sponsorship, if someone is sponsoring you, along with your sponsor’s proof of income and bank statements
- Letter of Invitation and Letter of Guarantee issued from your educational institution
- A Motivational or Cover Letter, written by you stating the reason for your travel.
Gandhisir.com team will send your documents to your school so that we can apply for your Certificate of Eligibility.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A JAPAN STUDENT VISA
There are two steps in the application procedure for a student visa to Japan:
- Obtaining the Certificate of Eligibility
- Submitting the Japan Student Visa application
OBTAINING THE CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY IN JAPAN
Every foreigner entering Japan permanently must get a Certificate of Eligibility from the Japanese Immigration Services. However, as you must obtain this before travelling to Japan, it is your school’s responsibility to handle your application for a COE. Our team will help you to send them the necessary paperwork.
The Japan Certificate of Eligibility is intended to assist with the actual visa application procedure. It acts as proof that you have the Japanese Immigration Services’ blessing and that you satisfy the standards for entry set by the Japanese government for foreign students.
Although it is a requirement, the Certificate of Eligibility for Japan is not a visa; we still advise the candidate to apply for a Japan Student Visa from their home country.
A Japanese Certificate of Eligibility application procedure takes one to three months.
APPLYING FOR THE JAPAN STUDENT VISA
Your school must send the Certificate of Eligibility once you’ve been granted it so you may use it to submit an application for a student visa at Gandhisir.com branch. You have to:
- Visit nearby Gandhisir.com office.
- Collect the required documents for a Japan Student Visa.
- Submit the Japan Student Visa application directly at our office. If our team considers it necessary, you may also have to go back for an interview or to submit additional documents.
- Collect the visa. Once your application for a Japan student visa has been approved, you must return to pick up your passport. You may enter Japan if your application was granted.
ONCE YOU ENTER JAPAN WITH A STUDENT VISA
The immigration officers at the point of entry will give you a Landing Permission once you enter Japan on a student visa. A multiple-entry visa with a longer validity period continues to be valid even after you receive the Landing Permit, in contrast to a single-entry visa, which will expire once you receive the Landing Permit. Your visa is replaced by the Landing Permit, which entitles you to legitimate residency in Japan.
You must obtain the following in addition to the landing permit:
- A Residence Card.
You’ll get a Japanese Residence Card when you enter Japan by Narita, Haneda, Kansai, or Chubu Airports. You can obtain a residence card at a local municipal office in Japan if you arrive via any other port.
Then, within 14 days of relocating to Japan, you must record your stay at one of the local municipal offices, whether you received the Residence Card at entry or later. The Residence Card will be printed with your address.
- A Re-entry Permit.
At your nearest Japanese immigration office, you can apply for a Japan Re-Entry Permit if you want to be permitted to leave and enter Japan as often as you like during the duration of your visa.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS A STUDENT VISA?
When you apply for the Student Visa, the application process can take between 5-10 working days. However, it may take up to three months to process an application and acquire a Certificate of Eligibility.
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF THE JAPAN STUDENT VISA?
Japan student visas are issued for the following durations:
- Six months
- One year
- One year and three months
- Two years
- Two years and three months
Both your residence card and your landing permission specify the length of time you are permitted to stay in Japan.
However, before your current visa expires, you can ask for a stay extension regardless of the length of the visa that was awarded to you.
HOW MUCH IS THE JAPAN STUDENYT VISA FEE?
The fees for Japan visas are as follows:
- Single-entry visa: 3,000 Yen
- Double-entry or multiple-entry visa: 6,000 Yen
- Transit Visa: 700 Yen
The visa cost is only required, though, if your application is accepted.
KEEP IN MIND
Depending on the nation, the reason for your visit, the local currency, and other factors, the visa fee may vary.
WORKING WITH A JAPAN STUDENT VISA?
You cannot work in Japan if you only have a student visa. In Japan, you must obtain a Work Permit from the regional immigration office in order to be able to work.
Additionally, you are only permitted to work a maximum of 28 hours per week while on a student visa, and certain jobs are off-limits, including those in bars, clubs, adult shops or hotels, massage parlors, etc.
After graduating, you can request to have your visa’s designation changed from student to worker so that you can start working. However, in order to do so, you need an employment agreement.
HOW TO CHANGE A STUDENT VISA TO WORK VISA in JAPAN?
You must seek to alter the category into a Work Visa if you are an international student in Japan and obtain employment either while you are on a Student Visa or after you graduate. By presenting the appropriate paperwork to one of the local immigration offices in Japan, you and your new employer can apply for a Japan Work Visa:
- Application Form for permission to change the status of residence
- Your passport and a copy of your passport
- Your Residence Card
- Your CV
- Proof of Graduation (diploma)
- Proof of the previous academic and/or professional history
- Your school Transcripts
- A copy of the Employment Contract, stating the details of your employment
- Your employing company’s documents, such as:
- Registration Documents
- Financial statements of the latest Fiscal Year
- Income statements
Gandhisir.com faculty is best at servicing their clients in a calm and composed way. If any queries, you can visit our office and book an appointment.