In addition to being a popular tourist destination, Canada is appealing to students. It is a developed country with excellent educational methods and renowned international degrees. As a result, many parents want their children to attend Canadian primary or secondary schools, while adults aspire to begin college or graduate studies there. Students must have a student visa and study permit in order to do so.
POINTS TO KNOW ABOUT STUDENT VISAS:
Before applying for a student visa, every student must have the basic knowledge of the following key points that will help them in the future.
Most of the students we have seen while counselling do not have knowledge about the visa categories in which they can apply. On June 7, 2018, Canada introduced the Student Direct Stream (SDS) system, which makes it easier for Indian students to study at Canadian universities and colleges.
SDS, which replaced the previous SPP initiative, has more severe rules and regulations to follow. However, for individuals who fit the criteria, it may be tremendously useful because it facilitates visa processing for SDS-eligible DLI institutions and needs fewer financial paperwork.
Students need to have a basic understanding of Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) and Guaranteed Investment Certificate(GIC) before knowing about SDS and NON-SDS.
SDS Program Requirements:
Students wishing to engage in an SDS curriculum must satisfy the following requirements:
- Admission to a full-time programme at a Designated Learning Institution, such as a university, college, institute, or CEGEP.
- An IELTS score of 6 overall, with a minimum band of 6 in each skill (Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking), obtained within the last two years.
- Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada.
- An upfront medical check-up at least one week before submitting the visa application.
- Proof of payment of the tuition price for one (1) year
- All visa applications must be submitted electronically over the internet.
Post-graduation work permits (PGWPs) are open work licences provided to international students who have finished a program of study in Canada. The holder of a PGWP can work for any company in Canada for as many hours as he/she likes.
PGWPs last for eight to three years and are a fantastic way to obtain valuable work experience in Canada. After working in Canada, a candidate has a variety of alternatives for gaining permanent status.
Quick information about the PGWP
- A PGWP might be valid for anything from eight months to three years.
- A PGWP will not be granted for a period of time longer than the applicant’s time in Canada.
- The PGWP will typically last for the same amount of time as the applicant’s study period, up to a maximum of three years.
- You are eligible for a PGWP equal to the duration of your program of study if more than 50% of your program is completed through in-person sessions.
- The length of your PGWP will be the same as the length of your program of study if you studied part-time or conducted accelerated courses.
Eligible Level of Studies
The following levels of study and programs are eligible for PGWPs:
- public post-secondary school, such as a college, trade/technical school or university, or CEGEP in Quebec; or
- private post-secondary school that operates under the same rules as public schools (only applies to certain institutions in Quebec); or
- private secondary or post-secondary school (in Quebec) that offers qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer, leading to a diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) or an attestation de spécialisation professionnelle (ASP); or
- Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law only for those enrolled in study programs leading to a degree as authorized by the province.
For more information
HOW TO FIND JOBS AND ACCOMMODATION IN CANADA
- JOB HUNT IN CANADA
Searching for a work in Canada is not a difficult task when you go for a right search engine or an employer with whom you can coordinate. It will be like a first stage of growth if someone receives a job offer from Canadian employers as it also increases the chances of becoming eligible to apply for Permanent Residence (PR) who are foreign immigrants. In Canada, main metropolitan cities are Toronto, Vancouver and Quebec where work opportunities are vast and often earning is good that can provide you a better quality of life. Here are some online portals where aspirants can research about their eligible job by matching their academic details and work experience in a particular location.
These are some of the online websites where you can find your relevant job field and lead your career ahead in Canada. Search engines like Canadian Job Bank, eJobbo, Monster Canada, and Workopolis are the major supporters in providing true information under classified job details.
PRE AND POST LANDING SERVICES
- Helping students in Course Registration and applying for Enrolment letters.
- Assisting the customer in obtaining a recognised body’s education assessment/evaluation.
- Any further changes in immigration legislation will be communicated to the client.
- Advising the customer on additional requirements that must be met in order to fulfil the selection criteria.
- Assist with currency conversion.
- Provide any information about your destination country that is required.
- Assisting customers with resume preparation as required by employers.
- Providing expert advice on his or her planned profession and employment responsibilities in the target country.
Our Post-Landing Services in Destination Country:
- Assisting with the application for a SIN card, a government card, or a government health card, as appropriate.
- Assisting with the opening of a bank account as well as the application for bank debit and credit cards.
- Information on private health insurance businesses in the destination country where you may get temporary health insurance while you wait 90 days for government coverage. During the 90-day wait for government health insurance, insurance is available.
- Admissions advice for students wishing to further continue their education at a college or university level.
- Guidance for obtaining a Driving License.
- Information on public transportation and Income Tax structure prevalent in the country.
CANADA VISA PROCESS WITH GS
The first step, students are counselled in-depth which leads to 100% Visa and PR success rate.
Offer Letter (2-3 Weeks)
Once decided relevant course and college, offer letter is applied in public or private college or university.
Fee & GIC (if required) (1-4 Days)
After a fortnight, as an unconditional offer letter is received, the process for college or university fee is transferred, GIC (if required for any country).
Medical & Biometric (1 Day)
In the meantime, the student's Medical and Biometric is booked without any delay.
Visa filing (2-3 Days)
Visa file is made ready by VISA experts, SOP is paid more attention to achieve result.
VISA Receiving (30-45 Days)
It is the time, to fly in colors, as the embassy issues a student visa. For it, students have to remain in the patience for 30-45 days.
Award ceremonies are organized by GS for congratulating the Students on the successful achievement of VISA.
Post Visa Guidance
Our clients remain in touch with us even after leaving their Home Country as we are not only providing pre-departure services but also guide them in Post-landing works like SIN, Accommodation etcetera
COST OF EDUCATION IN CANADA
Tuition fees, living expenditures, insurance, and other charges may be incurred when studying in Canada. Universities determine their own rates based on location, citizenship, and study level. Undergraduate diploma or degree tuition expenses typically vary from CAD$14,000 to CAD$26,000 per year. The cost of a postgraduate certificate or degree in Canada varies from CA$ 14,000 and CA$ 22,000 each year. The average annual cost of living in Canada ranges from CA$10,000 to CA$15,000.
The cost of tuition varies depending on the institution or college that a student chooses.
Rough estimate of Canada Study Cost
|Cost incurred on||Cost|
CAD $75 - $250
Tuition Fees(For 1 Year)
CAD $14000 - CAD$26000
INR 4500 - 7000